I've already reviewed the Collectif Dolores Doll Red Polka Dress here, and have had the Black Polka in my wardrobe for quite some time. I was absolutely gutted that I missed out on the version with a blue background and red spots a few years ago, but last summer I was excited to see that Collectif had brought out a new colourway: the Dolores Doll White Polka Dress (£50, UK size 6-22).

Image courtesy of Collectif
So cute! Of course I couldn't resist and snapped one up straight away in my usual Dolores Doll size 12 (Medium).
As usual, the size 12 fitted me very well indeed and is definitely the best compromise on fit for me.
The Dolores Doll is great for busty ladies because it is very generous across the boobs and often you can size down one or maybe even two (or more!!) sizes, which means that you get a great fit on the waist, which helps the wearer to achieve the pin-up look. As you can see, the size 12 fits my bust very well. Yes, it makes my boobs quite cleavage-y and pushed up but I'm not complaining and nor has anyone who's ever seen me in one of my Dolores Dolls! The sweetheart neckline is classic and works perfectly with the look of the dress. There are also two white buttons on the centre of the bust area for a bit of detail.
The cap sleeves are elasticated, which can sometimes feel a little tight (I find it varies from dress to dress) but I've never found them uncomfortable or painful.
I find that the size 12 is usually a touch roomy on the waist for me but having tried the size 10 before I know it's really a no-go for me in the bust area so I am happy to settle for the 12.
The flared circle skirt is lovely and makes me want to dance around and around...but as I have a medical condition where I constantly feel giddy even when sitting still it's certainly not a good idea!! But the great thing about the skirt is that it's 'free size' - because it is literally a full circle it means that you don't need to take into consideration your hip size when deciding which size to go for. The skirt is fairly long and hits me about mid-calf, which is perfect as I am not a fan of my legs so the more coverage the better, as far as I am concerned.
I don't own many clothes that are as white as this so it's quite a novelty to have this dress in my wardrobe. Naturally, I couldn't help trying it out with a few coloured shrugs and belts to see how they looked...
Which do you like best? I'm a sucker for the blue bolero but it's a shame I don't have a belt to match. The black belt would work, of course, so I'll be sure to try that combination one day. All my shrugs and patent leather belts are from eBay.
The Dolores Doll White Polka is a really versatile dress that I am sure I will get a lot of wear out of. You can read a review of the dress by Mayah from Beautyful Youniverse here.
I can't wait to see what prints Collectif brings out this year - they have recently released the Pink Hibiscus version:
The cap sleeves are elasticated, which can sometimes feel a little tight (I find it varies from dress to dress) but I've never found them uncomfortable or painful.
I find that the size 12 is usually a touch roomy on the waist for me but having tried the size 10 before I know it's really a no-go for me in the bust area so I am happy to settle for the 12.
The flared circle skirt is lovely and makes me want to dance around and around...but as I have a medical condition where I constantly feel giddy even when sitting still it's certainly not a good idea!! But the great thing about the skirt is that it's 'free size' - because it is literally a full circle it means that you don't need to take into consideration your hip size when deciding which size to go for. The skirt is fairly long and hits me about mid-calf, which is perfect as I am not a fan of my legs so the more coverage the better, as far as I am concerned.
I don't own many clothes that are as white as this so it's quite a novelty to have this dress in my wardrobe. Naturally, I couldn't help trying it out with a few coloured shrugs and belts to see how they looked...
Which do you like best? I'm a sucker for the blue bolero but it's a shame I don't have a belt to match. The black belt would work, of course, so I'll be sure to try that combination one day. All my shrugs and patent leather belts are from eBay.
The Dolores Doll White Polka is a really versatile dress that I am sure I will get a lot of wear out of. You can read a review of the dress by Mayah from Beautyful Youniverse here.
I can't wait to see what prints Collectif brings out this year - they have recently released the Pink Hibiscus version:

Image courtesy of Collectif
I think it's pretty but I'm not completely sold on the shade of pink so I'll have to try it on next time I'm in London. What do you think - is this new print one you'll be buying?










