Image courtesy of George at Asda
This was the only one left in store so despite it being a size 14 and what I suspected would be a snug fit I just had to snap it up. At only £10 it was a mega bargain, so it would've been rude not to...
I was right - the size 14 is verrrrrry tight on me, but I reckon I just about get away with it. But, make no mistake; there is no hiding one's figure in a dress like this! The fabric is very slightly overstretched across my widest part - my bottom! - but these photos were taken in harsh fluorescent lighting and I don't think the silvery effect shows up in daylight, thankfully. For reference, I am wearing my Ewa Michalak PL Milady bra 30L/65L in these photos. The boob room on the dress is great, especially considering it's only a size 14.
The print of this fabric is really lovely. It's a classic rose print in a bright red on a black background and it has a kind of mottled effect to make it a bit different. The print is suitable for all ages and can be made to suit with accessories. I am wearing the dress with tights and high heels but I think it would work casually with leggings and ballet pumps.
The t-shirt-like fabric is 97% cotton and 3% elastane so it's light to wear but the elastane content gives a superior fit and shape. It's machine washable so it's super easy to care for and would be ideal for a holiday as you could just throw it in a suitcase and it wouldn't crease easily. Asda have a fantastic and easy to implement 100 day guarantee on all their clothing so anything can be returned for a refund (with receipt) if it doesn't last the test of time so you can buy with complete peace of mind. So this dress is a bargain and it's guaranteed? Wonderful stuff!
The classic midi length of this dress means it hits me at my upper calves. That's ideal for me as I prefer to keep my knees covered and as you can see they easily are.
The neckline of this dress is great. A while ago I wasn't a fan of higher necklines but this one is not so high as to strangle me, but it remains completely decent. I think as the dress is so very figure-hugging on me a lower neckline would have been inappropriate.
The short sleeves are ideal for warmer climes but also are easy to wear at colder times of the year. It's simple to add a shrug, cardi or jacket to cover arms if required, and it would even look great with a long-sleeved form-fitting top underneath.
I added my beloved Forever 21+ denim jacket for a more winter-friendly look:
I love how the blue of the denim contrasts against the red and black print of the dress and I think it works really well. Denim is such a classic fabric and suits all skintones and almost all colours of clothing. This jacket makes my look a little more casual as the jacket has fading down the front. If the jacket was a solid, deep colour I think it would look more dressy. It would also be great to wear a plain black blazer with this dress to give a more formal look.
I am sorry to report that this dress is now sold out but make sure you check out the George at Asda website for lots of other fabulous midi dresses.
I was right - the size 14 is verrrrrry tight on me, but I reckon I just about get away with it. But, make no mistake; there is no hiding one's figure in a dress like this! The fabric is very slightly overstretched across my widest part - my bottom! - but these photos were taken in harsh fluorescent lighting and I don't think the silvery effect shows up in daylight, thankfully. For reference, I am wearing my Ewa Michalak PL Milady bra 30L/65L in these photos. The boob room on the dress is great, especially considering it's only a size 14.
The print of this fabric is really lovely. It's a classic rose print in a bright red on a black background and it has a kind of mottled effect to make it a bit different. The print is suitable for all ages and can be made to suit with accessories. I am wearing the dress with tights and high heels but I think it would work casually with leggings and ballet pumps.
The t-shirt-like fabric is 97% cotton and 3% elastane so it's light to wear but the elastane content gives a superior fit and shape. It's machine washable so it's super easy to care for and would be ideal for a holiday as you could just throw it in a suitcase and it wouldn't crease easily. Asda have a fantastic and easy to implement 100 day guarantee on all their clothing so anything can be returned for a refund (with receipt) if it doesn't last the test of time so you can buy with complete peace of mind. So this dress is a bargain and it's guaranteed? Wonderful stuff!
The classic midi length of this dress means it hits me at my upper calves. That's ideal for me as I prefer to keep my knees covered and as you can see they easily are.
The neckline of this dress is great. A while ago I wasn't a fan of higher necklines but this one is not so high as to strangle me, but it remains completely decent. I think as the dress is so very figure-hugging on me a lower neckline would have been inappropriate.
The short sleeves are ideal for warmer climes but also are easy to wear at colder times of the year. It's simple to add a shrug, cardi or jacket to cover arms if required, and it would even look great with a long-sleeved form-fitting top underneath.
I added my beloved Forever 21+ denim jacket for a more winter-friendly look:
I love how the blue of the denim contrasts against the red and black print of the dress and I think it works really well. Denim is such a classic fabric and suits all skintones and almost all colours of clothing. This jacket makes my look a little more casual as the jacket has fading down the front. If the jacket was a solid, deep colour I think it would look more dressy. It would also be great to wear a plain black blazer with this dress to give a more formal look.
I am sorry to report that this dress is now sold out but make sure you check out the George at Asda website for lots of other fabulous midi dresses.






