Today I am bringing you the Plus Size Strapless Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit in Yellow.
Image courtesy of Forever 21
When I saw it online, I fell in love with the bright colour of this swimsuit, and of course yellow seems to be THE colour to be seen in this year, so I was really excited to give this a try. I ordered it in a 1X, which is labelled as a UK 20, but I would say it is more like a UK 16.
The yellow was every bit as pretty in real life as it was on the F21 website, hurrah, and if anything, I actually liked it more as it was a paler, lemony yellow rather than the primrose hue it appears to be online. I don't think it looks at its best on my pale skin, but with a tan or in particular on darker skin it would truly POP!
It's listed as a strapless swimsuit but thankfully for those of us with larger boobs it comes with a removable thin neck strap. For me, the suit would have been utterly unwearable without it!! Although thin, the strap did not feel uncomfortable or dig into my neck.
There is no formal boob support, so no hidden shelf or underwires. The swimsuit does come with pads to protect one's modesty in the bust area, but as always I took these out straight away as I find them nothing short of annoying. They move all over the place, fold over, and generally look unsightly.
The tie on the central bust area is fully functional, so depending on your boob size and weight you may be able to use it to give you a bit of additional support if you position your boobs correctly and tie it nice and tight.
I really liked the cut-out panel underneath the bust. This is a really unusual look and it highlights the tie on the bust area.
It was nice to have no shoulder straps for a change...although with my heavy boobs I really do need them to help give support to my bust.
The swimsuit is cut fairly high in the leg but not uncomfortably so, and across the backside the coverage is good and arched for maximum tanning potential.
What do you think of this swimsuit?
