Image courtesy of Simply Be
I ordered the bra from Simply Be as part of a larger order of a range of items. It was on offer - save £5 when you buy two - and I do love a bargain!
I went for a 34K in Tea Rose and a 36K in White to see how the sizes compared.
This bra had everything I was looking for in a sleep/house bra. It was super comfortable, the wide, fully-adjustable straps were brilliant and the cups felt supportive. It takes some pretty serious engineering to support large boobs and I feel Triumph have done a great job with the Doreen.
The Tea Rose was a very beautiful dark dusky pink shade - very feminine and attractive. The White was of course a great basic but I think I preferred the former. It would be great if more colours were available in these large cups but at the moment these are the only two offered in K as far as I am aware.
The tops of the cups came up very high on me but I guess they have to in order to fully encompass the whole of my breasts. This bra is not for aesthetic purposes but I wonder if having so much of my chest covered would make me hot/uncomfortable as I am not used to it.
I found the cups of the Doreen made my breasts VERY pointy (I couldn't decide if I liked this look or not - it's very retro!) and pushed them east/west somewhat. Again, this is perhaps not an issue for a bra I will only ever wear around the house but having my breasts to the side does restrict my arm movement and I am not sure how it would feel when lying on my side in bed!
My breasts also touched in the middle between the cups - this is something I have experienced with every non-wired bra I have tried so far and am not sure if this is supposed to happen...?
There were pros and cons for both sizes. Unfortunately the band was too big in both and Doreen is not available in a band below 34 so if I decide to go for this one it will be with the compromise of a slightly loose band. Maybe that's not the end of the world for a sleep/house bra? The 36K fit me much better in the cup but the band still felt big on the tightest hooks.
As with all the bras I try, I have added my measurements to the Bratabase website. DO make sure you add your bras too in order to help others work out what bras would and wouldn't suit/fit them.
As with all the bras I try, I have added my measurements to the Bratabase website. DO make sure you add your bras too in order to help others work out what bras would and wouldn't suit/fit them.
In an ideal world, I would LOVE this bra if it came in a 32L. Sadly it doesn't so I am left with the decision whether to keep the 34K or to continue my search. What do you think?
You can read my other reviews of the soft cup bras I've tried here:
And there's more to come soon so stay tuned!

