I hadn't owned a plain white bra for many a year until a few months ago when I got to try the Freya Lauren in white. It's a very nice bra but it's a bit too high cut on me and my short shoulders to wear under most of my tops and dresses so when Ewa Michalak recently agreed to send me some bras for review I knew the PL Malwa had to be one of them.
Image courtesy of Ewa Michalak
After trying out some 70/32 bands a little while ago and finding them rather loose, I decided it would be best to go for the bra in 65/30KK and the thong in 44/16.
How adorable is this set? Wow...it's so pretty and feminine! The lightly padded foam cups are covered in white embroidered floral lace and have a gorgeous pink and green flower embellishment at the base of the straps.
The PL Malwa's cups have removable pads which can help correct asymmetry and in these pics I have both the pads still in place, which as you can see makes the cups look a tiny bit too small for me. I usually wear the bra without the pads now but it's good to know I have them available if I want that extra boost for a night out or special occasion!
The straps on the PL Malwa are fully adjustable and are nice and wide, which makes them super comfortable. They are semi-stretchy, so have some give but not too much, and the adjusters have not slipped at all during wear so far.
The band of the PL Malwa is made from a different fabric: this time with embroidered polka dots. This layer has reinforcement behind it, making the band less stretchy than it would have been without. The band is probably a little more stretchy than some of my other PL bras but seeing as this is a 30/65 band and therefore shorter than others I have tried it is impoosible to make a completely fair comparison.
The bra fastens with three hooks and there are four rows of eyes, so plenty of room to adjust. At the moment I wear the bra on the loosest setting, which is how it should be when you first buy a bra.
I just love how supportive the PL Malwa is. It looks great, giving me wonderful uplift and shape and I feel amazing when wearing it.
The 44/16 thong is also very lovely. It is made from a mixture of the fabrics used on the bra but the main difference is that it's completely sheer, making it very 'naughty but nice'. I love how the flower embellishment is off centre, rather than being perfectly in the middle. This shows Ewa's quirky side and how she likes to do things a bit differently.
The PL Malwa would make a perfect bridal set as it is incredibly elegant and dainty, even in my large cup size of KK! This really is no mean feat to achieve but Ewa has outdone herself yet again with another desirable lingerie set which no doubt every woman will want to have in her collection. You can try other brands who do lingerie in plus sizes too.



